AP Program Overview
At AISJ, we are committed to providing each High School scholar with personalized learning opportunities that will prepare them for their future.
Pre-Advanced Placement (AP)
- Through Pre-AP, AISJ offers every scholar access to a high-quality education that prepares them for success in high school and beyond.
- The challenging coursework of Pre-AP emphasizes key literacy, quantitative, and analysis skills across all five disciplines (English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Arts) and reinforces these skills in classroom experiences. Scholars finish Pre-AP courses prepared for further study in AP courses and IB DP courses.
- All scholars are supported across varying levels of ability through the Pre-AP framework, resources, activities, and materials therein.
My favorite class was AP Economics, this opened the door for me to pursue a career in economics and finance. I currently work as a VP at a Private Equity firm. We conduct acquisitions of private companies across the world with a view to selling them later down the road for a profit.
Advanced Placement (AP)
- Through AP coursework, AISJ scholars are prepared for post-secondary success by taking challenging college-level courses while still in high school.
- AP coursework is rigorous and highly regarded by universities globally.
- AP courses are offered in Grades 9-12.
- AP scholars have the opportunity to complete the full AP Capstone Diploma program, which includes AP Research, AP Seminar and 4 other APs, by successfully achieving a score of 3 or higher in each course. This demonstrates to universities a proven commitment to rigor and imminent success at the university level.
- Scholars can receive college credit for their AP coursework through completion of the course and successful exam performance. Universities often grant credit for scores of 3 and above on the exam (5 is the maximum score for each exam). Each university has unique requirements.
- Scholars who engage in AP coursework have higher acceptance rates, higher college-level success, and higher university completion rates.
AP Capstone Diplomas Awarded
9th and 10th Grade Scholars take 4 or more Pre-AP courses
Scholars Who have Taken at least One AP
AP Exams Taken in 2021
AP Scholar awards from College Board in 2021