The IB Diploma Program is your global education passport.
The American International School of Jeddah is proud to deliver the IB Diploma Program (IB DP starting 2022). IB DP is an academically rigorous and challenging two-year program that leads to a recognized qualification of college preparedness by top universities worldwide.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP)
- Through The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP), scholars are prepared for college success. The IB DP aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
- IB DP Coursework is rigorous and highly regarded by colleges and universities around the world
- IB DP courses will be offered in Grades 11-12. All classes are 2-year courses with a culminating external exam at the end of Year 2 (12th grade).
- IB DP scholars have the opportunity to complete the full IB Diploma, which includes the Theory of Knowledge course, Creativity, Activity, and Service requirements, and the Extended Essay. This demonstrates to universities commitment to rigor and imminent success at the university level.
- Scholars can receive college credit for their IB DP coursework through completion of the course and successful exam performance. Universities often grant credit for scores of 5 and above on the exam (Highest Score for each exam=7 or 30+ overall for those pursuing the IB Diploma). Each university has unique requirements.
- Scholars who engage in IB DP coursework have higher acceptance rates, higher college-level success, and higher retention and university completion rates.
As a parent, I am content knowing that AISJ offers both Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Diploma Program opens up so many opportunities for my child.
- Does Saudi Arabia have IB (International Baccalaureate)?
- How much does an IB course cost?
- What is an IB International Diploma?
- Can I apply to both the AP Capstone and IB Diploma programs at AISJ?
- What are the requirements to obtain the IB Diploma?
- Which IB courses will be offered at AISJ?
- Can scholars take one IB class?