Elementary School Library
Welcome to the Elementary School Library!
Our Elementary School library and instructional classes are supervised and led by a certified teacher librarian and a librarian assistant. Each elementary class visits our library once each eight day cycle for an instructional class. Library classes are meant to be fun and inviting in order to promote and encourage students to have a passion for reading. Instructional classes include story time and teach children to locate books in the library, check in, check out and renew books, understand and compare the different genres and types of books, and use library facilities and resources effectively. On average, we circulate approximately 20,000 books per year to our students!
Students are encouraged to check out books from the library during their regularly scheduled class visit to the library, but they are also welcome to visit the library before and after school, and during the day with teacher permission.
In the morning, books need to be checked out by 7:55 am so that students can get to class on time. In the afternoon, books need to be checked out 5 minutes before closing.
If you need assistance, please ask – we are happy to help you!
Library policies for Elementary students and parents:
- PreK3, PreK4, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade may check out 1 book at a time.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades may check out 2 books at a time.
- Parents may check out up to 5 books at a time. If you wish to check out books, you must fill out an Acceptable Use Policy form and have it approved by the librarian.
- Parents may only check out books under their own accounts. Parents may not check out books under their children’s accounts. In addition, students may only check out books under their own accounts.
- Books are due after 2 weeks and can be renewed upon request if no other patron is waiting for the book.
- Books need to be returned on time. Students and parents with overdue books will not be able to check out books until overdue books are returned.
- Lost books will be charged to students and parents at the cost of 200 SAR per book and 500 SAR per textbook which includes replacement value of the book, shipping and processing fees.
- Parents will accrue fines for overdue books at the rate of 1 SAR per day. Elementary students are not charged fines for overdue books.
- Please note that food is not allowed in the library.